Saturday 16 July 2011

More orphan blocks!

I have found some other blocks which I haven't made that recently but thought I would post about now





I made these nine-patches to be the centre square of a churn dash block as I loved this quilt so much at Juliekquilts!  Every little thing she does is magic lovely...(Sting singing in my head!)






These are all made using thirties fabric from a couple of jelly rolls.  I didn't use these colours in my Jelly Roll Sampler quilt so have played about with them, but have not made any decisions as yet.  This one I made into a cushion






I should make some more nine patches so I can make a lapsized quilt and then need to decide about the churn dash bit - perhaps some solid fabric...!?  Mmmm that has got me thinking...!




Nicky


5 comments:

  1. You have a bottomless pit of UFOs! Every time you look you come up with something else. It makes me laugh. 2011 will be the year of finished projects in your house and well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping very quiet about my bottomless pit of UFO's. Such pretty fabrics you have used there. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cushion. What a great idea for these blocks. I'd be making cushions all day if I had those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your orphan blocks and your musing on quilt ideas has me doing a little musing of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Julies quilt with the nine patch in the churn dash. They will look so lovely and fresh in the 30's fabrics. Love those other blocks too, the cushion looks fantastic. Will the blocks be keeping it company as more cushions?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...