Friday 9 December 2011

Five zippered pouches and FMQ Friday!

I have sewn five zippered pouches in double quick time as gifts for the youngest to give to her guide leaders when she goes to the local panto tonight and a crafting sleepover, finishing up with Christmas lunch tomorrow!!

Then she has to leave early and go to the cinema to celebrate a friend's birthday and tea!  What a whirl of a social life she has!




The front of the pouches - pieced pieces leftover from other projects!












The back of my pouches and my FMQ efforts for this week!








And a little look inside....





Does anyone recognise this birdy print!?  A recent gift from Jeanette in the Brit Quilt Pillow Fight Swap - it was a perfect match and I've still got some left for me!


I would miss my youngest one tomorrow but I'll be too busy tomorrow meeting Karen Lewis aka Blueberry Park at the We Make London: Christmas Fair at the Battersea Art Centre!  Details are here!


 Yeah -  another meet up with a fellow blogger and what a talented woman  - if you don't know Karen and her work screen printing fabric or paper and making great goodies out of them please check her out! 

I was going to use my precious store of her fabric to make those pouches but am saving them for another project....













13 comments:

  1. Cute pouches, Nicky! Your fmq looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little pouches! The quilting on the back makes them so special. Have fun with your meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pouches and the FMQ but my favourite parts are the stripy linings!! Have a great time in London and say hello to Karen for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pouches are great. Now I am going to feel guilty when I take the girls to Brownies tonight because I have nothing for the leaders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're both having lots of social fun!
    How did you fmq such straight lines??! They look great - and from leftovers?!! You are my idol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pouches! I really must have a go at making one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5!!!??? Oh I am struggling with 1 a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bunch of pressies - I predict some large mosaics at the end of this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pouches, Nicky! I'm certain the recipients will love them.

    Enjoy your outing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pouches, a thoughtful gift too.
    The quilting is great!
    Have a good day tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just made bunch too this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great! Did you go for the production line in the end? I can't believe you own some of Karen's fabric, it's yummy, hope you both had a great day! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those zippered pouches are gorgeous! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...