Wednesday 25 January 2012

Last of the wild wonky houses.... for a while!

Will Hadley say I have really lost it now?  Will Judith take all my bottles away?


You may find these slightly less wild or you may not but these are the last wonky house blocks I am making for now....



One windswept house!






I did a windmill as there are a few on top of the South Downs just a bit away from us.  








A quilter lives in this little house as you can see by the quilts hanging to dry on the washing line - and yes they do hang free from the block for a bit of 3D effect!


This gives me a total of 11 - the number I need to send off to the US!




I couldn't decide which one I should keep, so instead of making 12 and dithering about which one to choose, I will send them all away and see what I get in return.  Then I figured I could make a block to fit in with them.


Onto the siggy blocks then - 11 of them to make!


After wondering what pen I should use I tried out a few of the ones I have in the house - I ironed the writing then washed and ironed the writing again and the clear winner is the Sharpie pen!   









But as I thought it was a bit thick and a bit green - well quite a lot green .....and because I don't want to leave my car unlocked in town to get one I like better, I have decided to go a different way...






Here is my prototype block and it cannot wash away as it is free motion stitched.  Quite a bit of concentration to get all that first line in but I reckon that after 11 my FM writing should be greatly improved!  Worth it just for that!










Then I altered one of the earlier houses a spool house block with scissors - I cut out the handles and added a door and a window!






Hoping it looks better!






Finally here is a mosaic of all the wonky houses...








Better get on with those siggy blocks so they can be flown across the pond!













1 comment:

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...