Friday 22 June 2012

Catching up one bee block at a time!

I am still a bit behind this month but one more bee block is done now and due to fly off to the other side of the world as part of Sew and Bee Happy.


The block is simple  - a graduation of colours and an embroidered word!  




 I just took a while to decide which colours and what word....




Based on the Maybe.... block by Susanne Woods from the book Modern Blocks 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favourite Designers




But I love green and find the view outside in the garden inspiring with all it's fresh colours so the word had to be....







I have dotted my letter 'i's with a yellow star or five to represent that sparkle that sets us all thinking!



Another two blocks to go for a different bee coming up as soon as I get some of that inspiration...



12 comments:

  1. Really lovely shades. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat block and embroidery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely block, love how each one has a theme.
    stitching looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did the word with the stars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Looks like the color sample section at the hardware store. i love to look at them and paint my future house with my imagination. So, they are a great source of inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is lovely. Have fun doing the others : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. that really is just a perfect block Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...